[HEADSUP] Atlas changed libraries

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Sep 27 12:53:24 UTC 2013

Frantisek Kluknavsky wrote:
> Atlas in rawhide is rebased to 3.10.1. It now builds monolithic shared
> libraries libsatlas.so and libtatlas.so (serial and threaded, otherwise
> identical) which include former lapack, blas and atlas libraries.
> Dependent packages need to link -lsatlas or -ltatlas instead of -latlas
> -lcblas -llapack.

Debian is shipping 3.10.1 as libblas.so.3 and liblapack.so.3 as always:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/libatlas3-base
http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/libatlas3-base/filelist

Can we PLEASE do the same? The patches they're using are here:
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/atlas/3.10.1-2

For the rationale, please see my other posts in this thread. In addition,
shipping a monolithic libsatlas.so makes us gratuitously incompatible not
only with previous releases of Fedora, but also with Debian.

        Kevin Kofler