The final push for the application installer in Fedora 20

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 11:00:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:24:45 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:

> In GNOME Software, we show a list of applications for each category
> that we think are frikin’ awesome. Some have AppData[1], and some
> don’t. For the ones that don’t yet have AppData it leaves the
> responsibility of writing the long description to the Linux community,
> where we can push the data back to upstream so that all the
> distributions can benefit. So far we’ve had a superb reaction from
> lots of upstream projects and a lot of descriptions have been merged.

Could you highlight how much of a "cross-distro effort" this really is?
Audacious upstream has asked whether the AppData file would only be used
by Fedora? Writing a simple file and including it in the Fedora rpms is
easy, but it would look more beautiful with an official screenshot and
an official updatecontact address.