Senior Fedora OS position open

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:53:15 UTC 2014

Hi Jon.
 The Ubiquiti boards are some of the cheapest bang-per-buck right now,
but don't really have local storage (there is some NAND, and they do
have USB) - so network boot and NFS to start with (or the hassle of
USB dongle for development). They released some new ones a week or two
back I believe which clock higher (800MHz and 1GHz dual-core
OcteonII's) and have more ram (2Gbyte DDR3).
 The little ones are cheap ($99 - dual 64bit 500MHz OcteonPlus core,
512Mb DDR), and the bigger ones not silly money (they are quite new,
so I'm not seeing prices on a quick search - but a few hundred $ I
think).

 Then there are the Loongson machines. I would recommend going with
the 3A machines if you were going to invest, but I do actually have a
3A rack mount server sat here waiting to do Fedora work (quad 64bit
core 1GHz, SATA sw raid twin disk and 8Gbyte DDR3).
 The 3A laptops are more expensive. The 2F and 2E based machines are
probably too old now (but could still be useful in the interim).

 pm me - I can probably work something out (that offer is open to
anybody who wants to do some MIPS stuff btw)

 Graham