F21 System Wide Change: RPM-4.12

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 13:54:18 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 07:47 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> * Support for weak dependencies

Does this mean that rpm-build will be able to create packages with weak
dependencies?  Will Fedora packages be allowed to declare weak
dependencies?  Is dependency generator interface going to be extended so
that we can generate auto-recommends and auto-suggests for packages?

> * Support for packaging files > 4GB
> * Support for real package reinstallation
> * New API for accessing files and file contents
> * New tool for converting rpm packages to tar files
> * Internal plugin interface

Are there any details abuout this interface available somewhere?  Will
packages be able to provide plugins, like for example they can install
RPM macros now?

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat