Heads up: retiring xorg-x11-drv-mouse and xorg-x11-drv-keyboard

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 13:58:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-03 at 16:35 +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:

> If fixes the problem but that doesn't tell the whole story. You have a conf
> that implicitly says "load the mouse driver" and then fails because you
> didn't have the mouse driver installed. Which is fair enough, the question
> here is why is that setting there in the first place? Is the goal to not add
> any devices, or is this just an accidental leftover?

I think the goal _is_ to not add any devices, yes.  Bumblebee is
basically a second X server to run on the nvidia gpu and pipe the pixels
off that to the integrated gpu.  So input only ever happens on the
integrated gpu's server, so you want to keep the bumblebee server away
from event devices.  (I think; I've never actually run it.)

- ajax