Considering GNOME 3.12 as an F20 update

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 16:32:09 UTC 2014

On 04/03/2014 04:22 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Now, in reading that policy, there are quite a few things that match the
> "Things that would make it less likely to grant a request" list. But, on the
> other hand, by having a longer-than-typical Fedora release cycle this time
> around, we are already in special circumstances territory.

Gnome community is not know for their stability in their UI so we are
talking about user visible changes.

Sysadmins on these parts brought out their voodoo dolls and started
stabbing them while cursing the new and "improved"//network settings
that came with F20 and Gnome 3.10 and other "docket" breakage that
followed in other words Gnome community is not know for their stability
in their UI so we are talking about user visible changes being
introduced into GA release.

And I have yet to see any request have been made to the test list to at
least do the same validation on Gnome as is done before we release an
new GA release.

JBG