Reinstalling the bootloader

Andrew Lutomirski luto at mit.edu
Fri Apr 4 01:08:08 UTC 2014

Once upon a time (Fedora 15? -- I've lost track), it was possible to
reinstall the bootloader using grub-install.

Nowadays it's a clusterfsck.  I've managed to screw up my bootloader.  Is
there a way to reinstall it without reinstalling the world?  Would it make
sense to split the whole bootloader thing out of Anaconda such that it
would be possible to re-run it?  I can access my install just fine using
chroot.

FWIW, the same question applies to upgrading the bootloader.  Somehow I'm
on Fedora 20 using grub 0.97.

--Andy