Agenda for Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-04-08)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:02:02 UTC 2014

On Apr 7, 2014 10:28 AM, "Marcela Mašláňová" <mmaslano at redhat.com> wrote:

> WG meeting will be at 16:00 UTC, 17:00 Central Europe, 12:00 (noon)
Boston, 9:00 San Francisco, 1:00 Tokyo in #fedora-meeting on Freenode.

> == Topic ==
> I sent three Change proposals. If you have any comments, please share
them.
> * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SCL
> * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Playground_repository
> * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Ruby193_in_SCL

not sure that the ruby scl should have its own change.  It needs to have
the equivalent filed for the fpc to evaluate, though.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Toshio/SCL_Guidelines_(draft)#SCL_Approval_Process

Since the guidelines aren't final, probably open an fpc ticket so the fpc
sees the request and more that it's needed for the fedora scl change.
Although the scl package guidelines aren't final, the guidelines/criteria
for approving the scl itself were approved so fpc should be able to
evaluate it in parallel to finishing the packaging guidelines.

If we remove the ruby scl change we should add more to the main scl change,
though, about expectations around the scl approval.  For instance, we
probably want to touch base with docs/marketing to see if they want to
publicize scls in the exact same way as fedora changes or have a slightly
different procedure.

Also note, in case no one saw it in either fpc or fesco meeting notes, I'm
traveling to a week and a half conference now followed by a week and a half
of vacation.so I likely won't be around for any fedora meetings until april
27th (and playing catch up with my email for that first week.)

-Toshio