F21 Self Contained Change: Playground repository

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Apr 8 16:24:01 UTC 2014

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> For now the Playground repository contains both packages that
> are destined for eventual inclusion into the main Fedora repository and
> *packages that are never going to make it there.*

This sounds like a problem and not a feature. Why would packages never make it
to Fedora, yet be available in this new repository?

My intent here is to be constructive so my question is genuine. I don't believe
Fedora should start down the path of a fragmented repository structure. It makes
sense for RHEL and its software channels it can sell support for, but Fedora is
different. RPMFusion being an exception as it is a legal necessity.