F21 System Wide Change: Framework for Server Role Deployment

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 15:44:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-09 at 08:45 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On 04/09/2014 06:02 AM, drago01 wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM, Stephen Gallagher
> > <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > Which roles are we going to ship with F21?
> >

> The two we're working for in F21 are "Domain Controller" (powered by
> FreeIPA) and "Database Server" (powered by PostgreSQL).

Thanks.  I've added links to the Change pages for those roles to the
*discussion* page of the above page, but IMHO the page itself should
have such links.  I held fire on doing that since I think it merits a
more substantial rewrite of the Change page.   I think having concrete
examples of Roles would make the idea less abstract, and would thus
improve the above Change page.

BTW, do the roles themselves have pages on the wiki beyond their
individual Change pages?

[snip]

Hope this is helpful
Dave