trimming down Fedora installed size

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 21:10:10 UTC 2014

On 04/09/2014 08:42 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Given the number of packages that ship localization, this seems like it
> would have a pretty dramatic effect on metadata size. Is this a concern?

Meta data is a concern. But the major part of the meta data is file data
and change logs. Everything else is less than 10%. So doubling or even
tripling this part won't hurt.

The actual issue we have with meta data is that is is downloaded over
and over again (for updates). Should we ever get this fixed the growth
of meta data is no longer an issue.

Florian