trimming down Fedora installed size

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:00:08 UTC 2014

On 04/09/2014 09:12 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 04/09/2014 10:05 PM, Billy Crook wrote:
>> I would like to see logic like this:
>> manpage files don't get installed unless/until:
>> 1) packagename-manpages is requested to be installed by the user.  that
>> package would require the 'man' package.
>> OR
>> 2) package is installed AND man is installed.
>
> In other words, you want to crippled end-user usability to NULL.

I would not be dwelling to much on the usability topic since we have
bigger issues to fry then end-user usability with minimal installation
footprint for cloud/containers/servers which can be easily solve with
same concept as is behind "command-not-found" for man-pages as in
"man-page-not-found" and move cloud/container/server administration into
the realm of "install on demand" ( which arguably we should be moving
more towards at on the 21 century rather then rely on plethora of
installation commands and package names ) and ofcourse we would remove
the silliness of having to confirm the installation since I as an
administrators have already made the gesture that I need the command or
the man page when I write foo or man foo so I should not have to confirm
it to.

JBG