trimming down Fedora installed size

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 10 13:56:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 10:42 +0300, Marius A wrote:

> Wow, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
> On Fedora 21, any way to apply these before installing to SDD from live usb
> image? e.g. open terminal, run fs filter's, then start the install?

 So the way "yum fs filter" works is to change the yum configuration for
tsflags and override_install_langs.
 If you specify --installroot when running the filter command then yum
should write the new yum.conf within the installroot. Then when you run
the next installroot command, to actually install, it will pickup those
configurations and dtrt.
 You can also use --setopt to set them too, or .conf.blah if you are
using the API.