fedora-atomic discussion point: /usr/lib/passwd

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:54:14 UTC 2014

On 11 April 2014 10:49, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 11.04.14 16:09, Colin Walters (walters at verbum.org) wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Martin Langhoff
> > <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >If you move in this direction, you have to create files/dirs to be
> > >owned by the daemon user too.
>
> Hmm, let's think for a moment what kind of files this actually matters
> for. In which directories do system users actually own files?

Aren't there 'helper' programs that sometimes live in /usr/lib/<something>
eg every program that expects /usr/libexec or something?

I would say that a full fedora install needs to be done and then see what
the cruft is so that it either can be 'fixed' for this or known and dealt
with.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.