default local DNS caching name server

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Apr 12 02:44:31 UTC 2014

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014, Simo Sorce wrote:

>> I hope the NM integration will show up at some point. It's really a
>> pretty nice setup.
>
> I am using it too successfully. Only occasionally unbound seem to get
> confused, not clear when, it doesn't happen more than twice a month and
> systemctl restart unbound.service fixes it.

Next time please run sudo unbound-control list_forwards and cat
/etc/resolv.conf and see if that locates the problem?

The one issue I have is that sometimes I NM fails to write resolv.conf
in insecure mode, and I end up with no resolvers. The other issue is that
in insecure mode (which you are not meant to run in other than signon or
with very broken captive portals)) the VPN forward is added to unbound,
but unbound is bypassed during secure mode, so internal resources are
not available.

Paul