default local DNS caching name server

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Sat Apr 12 04:59:40 UTC 2014

> On Saturday, 12 April 2014 2:13 AM, Paul Wouters wrote:>
> It's rude to bypass the global DNS caching infrastructure. That would
> significantly load people's DNS servers with more queries. There is no
> reason not to try and use ISP's DNS caches.

  You mean let local resolver forward queries to the ISP's name servers? That is same as using ISP's name servers in '/etc/resolv.conf'. I wouldn't prefer that without DNSSEC.

> dnscache is very obsolete software.

  -> http://pjp.dgplug.org/ndjbdns/

There is new version of it. It does not support DNSSEC, but is alive and well maintained.
---
Regards
   -Prasad
http://feedmug.com