default local DNS caching name server

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Sat Apr 12 06:09:19 UTC 2014

> On Saturday, 12 April 2014 11:11 AM, William Brown wrote:
> Say I have freshly installed my fedora system at home. I then boot it up
> and start to use it. My laptop is caching DNS results all the while from
> the "unreliable" ISP.
>
> I then go to work and suddenly things don't work.
>
> Having a DNS cache doesn't fix your unreliable ISP: You need to lodge a
> complaint with your ISP.

  What, no! that was the case for having local cache and not forwarding queries to the ISP's name servers at all. Because those are not reliable.

> See my previous email, about flushing the cache on network change.

  Yes I saw. About automatic cache clearance etc. I agree. Those are features to be requested from the DNS software or maybe NM. I've been using 'dnscache' without any trouble whatsoever.

See -> http://pjp.dgplug.org/ndjbdns/
---
Regards
   -Prasad