default local DNS caching name server

Juan Orti Alcaine juan.orti at miceliux.com
Mon Apr 14 12:07:07 UTC 2014

One thing I would like to note is that in machines which don't have a
hardware clock, I had problems starting bind and unbound, because the
date was back to 1970 in each boot, so the root dns key was not yet
valid and there were no valid dns resolvers to update time by ntp. I had
to hardcode some ntp servers IP addresses to perform the ntp queries at
boot time.

This was using the OpenWrt distro in a mips router, I don't know if we
can face this kind of problem in ARM machines. I guess all x86 have
hardware clock, doesn't they?

Regards,
Juan.