appdata handling

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:46:50 UTC 2014

On 14 April 2014 21:10, Bill Nottingham <notting at splat.cc> wrote:
> "How do I locally check changes to my appdata inside gnome-software, as
> opposed to just appdata-validate?"

Now it's a case of cloning and building
https://github.com/hughsie/createrepo_as and then doing
./createrepo_as --basename=test path/to/package.rpm and then copying
the ./test.xml.gz file to /usr/share/app-info/xmls/ and then explode
test-icons.tar.gz into /usr/share/app-info/icons/test/ -- If you file
a ticket here https://github.com/hughsie/createrepo_as/issues then
I'll add a script that makes it easy to install the data and write a
FAQ entry.

> I tried this once, and it seemed to be a rather convoluted process.
> Wondering if I did it wrong?

You are an early adopter; somewhat simpler now :)

Richard