F21 System Wide Change: BerkeleyDB 6

Jan Staněk jstanek at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 13:40:30 UTC 2014

Dne 11.4.2014 16:59, Bill Nottingham napsal(a):
> Jaroslav Reznik (jreznik at redhat.com) said:
>> == Scope ==
>> * Proposal owners: Create new set of packages and introduce proper versioning
>> in order to not confuse the dynamic linker.
>
> Is this symbol versioning intended to be upstream?

Ideally, yes, but given the upstream willingness to incorporate
community-proposed changes, I fear that we may in fact introduce
downstream symbol versioning.
The fact is that in order to reliably provide both library versions, we
*need* the symbol versioning - preferably upstream, but if it won't be
possible, we will have to version downstream (or find another solution
to this problem).

I will contact the upstream about this.

--
Jan Stanek - Red Hat Associate Developer Engineer - Databases Team