F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:17:47 UTC 2014

On 4/15/14, Andreas Tunek <andreas.tunek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just want to say that I really support this feature. I do not see
> any point in a firewall for a "Workstation".

I have respect for the opinion that firewalld should be disabled
although personally I am  far from convinced, there are some arguments
for that. But when you say it's as simple as "I do not see any point
in a firewall for a Workstation" I feel that you argumentation is too
sloppy to be worth considering. Full stop.

> BTW, while we are on the subject, does anyone know how to actually
> disable the firewall in Fedora 20? I haven't managed to figure it
> out....

Tried [1]? I

--alec

[1] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/19/html/Security_Guide/sec-Disabling_firewalld.html