F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 15 19:28:55 UTC 2014

Am 15.04.2014 20:18, schrieb Andreas Tunek:
>> Am 15.04.2014 20:03, schrieb Andreas Tunek:
>>> I just want to say that I really support this feature. I do not see
>>> any point in a firewall for a "Workstation".
>>
>> that's obviously
>>
>>> BTW, while we are on the subject, does anyone know how to actually
>>> disable the firewall in Fedora 20? I haven't managed to figure it
>>> out....
>>
>> and that is why you like it to be disabled for anybody?
>>
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=fedora+20+disable+firewall
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD
>>
>> as for any other service:
>> systemctl disable firewalld.service iptables.service
>> systemctl stop firewalld.service iptables.service
>
> If you look here it says you only have to disable firewalld:
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=296398
>
> Do you actually have to disable iptables as well?

what are you doing in that thread?

if you don't know how to disable a service you have not
any qualification to discuss here about security and that
words are as friendly chosen as possible!

type the two commands i posted and be happy

i don't know if oyu are using the classic iptables service or
firewalld nor am i interested and so i told you a command to
disable and stop both  - no idea why you need to answer with
a forum thread which i don't care at all