F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Christopher ctubbsii at apache.org
Thu Apr 17 00:38:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Lars Seipel <lars.seipel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 08:14:01PM -0400, Christopher wrote:
>> > Perhaps shorten to:
>> >
>> > block
>> > public
>> > work
>> > home
>>
>> That is a much more intuitive default set.
>
> Is it? What's supposed to be the difference between work and home?

Whatever they are now, perhaps?

What I mean by more intuitive set, is that I understand how to map
these to my daily life activities, and the various networks I connect
to, much more so than I would the overabundance of zones that exist
today. I do not mean that I understand which services will be exposed
by default for a particular zone (but I don't know that today, with
the multitude of options, either...). I hope that's clear what I
meant.