F21 System Wide Change: SCL

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:40:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 04:35:25PM +0200, Miloslav Trmač wrote:

>     2. Upload packages into git - specific branch based on Fedora version and
>     name
>     of collection. For stable repo we must be able to replicate builds from git
>     repo, which Fedora own.
>

> I'm confused; what precisely is the layout you are proposing for pkgs git?  I
> read this as ruby.git/{f20,f21,f21-$sclname}; is that really the proposal?

I'm not sure what the proposal is but the FPC wants to have all scls live in
a separate package than the "mainstream" package.  Like this:

ruby.git/{f20,f21}
fdr-ruby1.9.3-ruby.git/{f20,f21}

This matches with what mingw does and after working on creating an SCL, it
seems to be a better plan to keep the two sources separate as scl spec files
are much different than mainstream specs.

-Toshio