F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Thu Apr 17 16:26:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> Didn't mean to accuse you of saying that.  I do like the idea of asking
> if you are on a "trusted" network.

For DNS issues we have similar issues. A sane default seems to be that
if you plugin a cable or you enter wifi WPA(2) details, you are
trusting the network you are connecting to per default. (with NM
override options for corner cases like using WPA2 on your phone as
hotspot but you don't trust the telco network)

Paul