F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Thu Apr 17 21:29:17 UTC 2014

(firewalld features)

> So, what you have currently is a raw bit of infrastructure that is
> directly exposed to the end user, without any design or integration.

That's *precisely* what the underlying infrastructure should do, isn't it?
It's up to the UI projects like GNOME or Cockpit to provide "design and
integration".

What I envision is that we will notify the user when we connect to a new
> network, with a message along the lines of:
>
> You have connected to an new network.

This might be a misunderstanding, so just to be explicit: As written,
that's too late.  This user's decisions must happen *before* any traffic is
possible and the user "has connected".
    Mirek