F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Apr 21 07:25:22 UTC 2014

Am 21.04.2014 06:17, schrieb Orcan Ogetbil:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is difference between a software developer, a sysadmin and a
>> user that simply wants to share his music with his family.  The latter
>> should not have to learn about computer security to do it,
>
> Why not?
>
> I lock my door every night before I go to sleep, because I learned
> about home security. I am neither a mayor nor a police officer.

well said! that's the attitude we need these days instead "things
are going bad each day but we give up and tell anybody he don't
need to learn anything about security"

in the world we live anybody REALLY NEEDS basic knowledge about
computer security or he will pay it sooner or later with his money
and/or lost data, that get's proven every week multiple times and
pretend the opposite has only two possibilities:

* maliciousness (fun about see the noobs falling)
* ignorance

from the viewpoint of a user falling sooner or later because
it was told to him he does not need to know it's maliciousness
and i would compare it with telling a blind man "you can go sir
the traffic lights are green" while they are red