F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Disable firewall

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 11:40:05 UTC 2014

On 04/22/2014 05:43 AM, Christian Schaller wrote:

> [...]

Since you missed the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYGgVUYjXQ8

I too recommend that everyone gives it a look. It is very insightful
and helpful in understanding what people really do once this gets out
the door.

Major points:
1) People turn off security features that they can't easily figure out
how to tune.
2) "Hackers" are a significantly smaller security threat than managers
("I need it to work now, we can secure it later!")
3) Recovery and auditing are more important than prevention.

Those are some of the basics, but it *really* is worth taking the 40
minutes to watch the whole thing.