Tuned: Restoring saved settings not working

Preeti U Murthy preeti at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 23 05:09:34 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I am using Fedora20. I wanted to add a new tuned profile and used the
script plugin for the same.

This essentially tweaks the cpu frequency governor and min/max frequency
settings. When I opt out of this profile, I want the settings to be
restored. I have included the restoration functions in the file
'functions' and call the same from  my script in the stop() function.
However the settings are not getting restored.

My observation is that the sysctl settings get restored on switching off
tuned or switching to another profile but settings other than the sysctl
ones like cpufreq governor or the ones set from the start() function of
the shell script never get restored with a subsequent call to stop()
function in the shell script in the latter case.

Can someone throw some more light on this issue? Does tuned require a
patch here?

Regards
Preeti U Murthy