Audacious 3.5 entering Rawhide

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:29:22 UTC 2014

With the fresh release of Audacious 3.5 final [1], I'm going to push this
new release also to Rawhide. It has been available via Copr [2] since
alpha1 already, and although I've not received any user feedback on the
pre-releases at all, I've evaluated it personally and also followed
upstream activity.

Relevant for the Fedora packages:
 - plugin package rebuilds will be needed due to a new Plugin API version
 - the Plugin API version has moved into header api.h, so package spec
   files that grep the version need to be adjusted
 - the API changes may require minor modifications to external plugins

I'll rebuild xmp-plugin-audacious as necessary unless there will be
a request not to do that yet.

[1] http://audacious-media-player.org/news/27-audacious-3-5-released
[2] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-March/196147.html