Schedule for Thursday's FPC Meeting (2014-04-24 16:00 UTC)

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Apr 23 18:21:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, 23.04.14 13:15, Michael Cronenworth (mike at cchtml.com) wrote:

> James Antill wrote:
> >  If you would like to add something to this agenda, you can reply to
> >this e-mail, file a new ticket athttps://fedorahosted.org/fpc,
> >e-mail me directly, or bring it up at the end of the meeting, during
> >the open floor topic. Note that added topics may be deferred until
> >the following meeting.
>
> There's a minor issue I'd like to have addressed.
>
> According to the binfmt.d manpage, packages should place their files
> in /lib/binfmt.d and users may override in /etc/binfmt.d. There are
> only 3 packages that I know of that create binfmt.d files: qemu,
> ksh, and wine. Qemu places them in /lib but the other two place
> their files in /etc.
>
> There is no formal guideline that I can find on this so I'd like to
> have FPC at least comment on it. Common sense would dictate ksh and
> wine need to follow the manpage.

Hmm, we should probably do our homework first from the systemd side, and
provide some RPM macros so that packages installing binfmt snippets can
actually register/unregister them on package installation/deinstallation
correctly. And when that's done we should probably ask FPC to propose
usage of these macros in the guidelines, and then make the changes to
the packages...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat