When a yum update sets up an MTA ...

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 09:00:20 UTC 2014

On 04/24/2014 01:57 AM, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 04/21/2014 03:44 AM, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
>>>
>>> Would it
>>> make sense to audit all spec files to look for instances of
>>> 'systemctl.*enable'?
>>

>> I'm attaching the hits for that pattern on the actual RPM scripts in Fedora
>> rawhide (x86_64).  This combines both regular scripts and trigger scripts.
>> I can add additional columns with more information, but the text file will
>> become a bit unwieldy.
>
> Can you double-check this?  nfs-utils isn't in this list, but I think
> it should be.

I accidentally used systemd.*enable as the pattern.  The attached list
was created using systemctl[^\n]*enable instead.

> Also, how did you generate this?

I've got a tool which extracts interesting data from RPMs (metadata, but
also Java method references, ELF symbols, Python imports).  I've added
the query I used as an example here:

<https://github.com/fweimer/symboldb/blob/master/doc/examples/rpm-scripts.txt>