Copr and Playground plugin part of dnf-plugins-core?

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 08:10:53 UTC 2014

On Fri 25 Apr 2014 06:47:10 AM CEST Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> I have started a new dnf-utils project for commuty plugins/addons there is
> not maintain by the core dnf team
>
> https://github.com/timlau/dnf-utils
>
> copr / playground is welcome here is the core dnf developers, think its
> dont fit into dnf-plugins.core
>
> It is not submitted as a fedora package yet, but that will happen soon
>
> Tim

Pretty please no. There's currently yum-utils package that contains
various utilities (such as repoquery and more). I assume eventually dnf
will get official dnf-utils containing ported versions of these tools.
Unless you aim to provide dnf-compatible tools from yum-utils please
rename the project.

(not a DNF dev, but it seems quite obvious this is a bad idea long-term)

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241