[RFC] plans for initscripts in F22

Lukáš Nykrýn lnykryn at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 11:12:49 UTC 2014

Dne 25.4.2014 12:50, Reindl Harald napsal(a):

> Am 25.04.2014 12:40, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
>> On 04/24/2014 04:30 PM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
>>>
>>> Only those that are maintained directly inside Fedora.
>>
>> Which is what we care about we cannot hold back progress in the
>> distribution based on someone, someplace, somewhere might be using
>> legacy cruff.
>
> have you ever heard "if it ain't broken don't fix it"
> network.service works fine until someone decides to break it intentionally

network initscript *is* broken. During rhel7 beta I have discovered a
lot of design flaws when people tried to use it on some advance
hardware. Boot in fedora is now quite asynchronous and network is unable
to cope with that. For example we have already removed the hotplug script.

And I really don't want to end with NM on laptops, network on simple
servers and networkd elsewhere.

Lukas