gcc build with -O0 results in corrupted -debuginfo package

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 14:10:29 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I'm trying to rebuild bind-9.9.4-12.P2.fc20.src.rpm with
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $RPM_OPT_FLAGS -O0 -ggdb".

I did the simplest possible thing - edited the original spec file (see
spec.diff) and built the package:
$ rpmbuild -ba bind.spec

The package builds and BIND itself seems to work. The problem is that new
debuginfo package is missing 118 out of 283 header files in
/usr/src/debug/bind-9.9.4-P2.

It seems that "-O0" alone (instead of "-O0 -ggdb") causes the same problem.

I would be glad if anyone can give me advice how to debug this.

Original packages from Fedora 20 (with all headers in /usr/src/debug):

Packages built with -O0 -ggdb (scratch build):

Thank you for your time!

--
Petr^2 Spacek