gcc build with -O0 results in corrupted -debuginfo package

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 15:10:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-04-25 at 16:50 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> but it don't justify incompatible flags
> IMHO you enter the area of "undefined behavior" with that

Your humble opinion is misguided, building without _FORTIFY_SOURCE is an
entirely reasonable thing for an end developer to want to do on their
machine, and one we should support.  More importantly I can't think of
any way it would affect debuginfo construction at all.

My first instinct here would be to vary the compiler.  Can you mockbuild
this package against F19's toolchain?  Does that produce working
debuginfo?

- ajax