[RFC] plans for initscripts in F22

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Fri Apr 25 22:53:34 UTC 2014

> On 04/25/2014 05:30 PM, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
>
>> That's certainly an option but it's not the only one; see the recent
>> "Functional" threads for example.
>>

> Sorry I did not want to get involved in yet another attack on our
> foundation,

I don't think our foundations ever implied that we need or want to be a
closed ecosystem restricted to only the repository we produce.  The just
don't address this.

Downstream distribution to us just have to patch whatever to be compliance
> to whatever standard want to be and exist out there as well as any private
> company's that are building their product on top of Fedora.

They certainly can, and do.  This is not specific to any single standard,
though; would you want to see the "common wisdom" to be "don't write your
software against Fedora, they don't care about you; go straight to
targeting $downstream_distribution"?
    Mirek