Deprecate setjmp/longjmp? [was Re: Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?]

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 12:57:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-04-27 at 23:02 +0100, Andrew Price wrote:
> On 24/04/14 15:13, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > We probably should make setjmp()-freeness a requirement for
> > all code included in Fedora.
>
> Would it be worth the effort, and how feasible is it anyway?

I don't think it'd be worth the effort, and I think the burden of
computing feasibility should rest with those who think it _is_ worth the
effort.

A completely arbitrary datapoint:

dmt:~% file /lib64/* | grep ELF.*shared | cut -f 1 -d : | xargs nm -aDu | grep -c setjmp
79

At a minimum you'd have to rewrite freetype, have fun with that.

- ajax