default local DNS failover solution needed, nscd?

Marcelo Ricardo Leitner marcelo.leitner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:24:24 UTC 2014

Em 28-04-2014 11:14, Paul Wouters escreveu:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2014, Marcelo Ricardo Leitner wrote:
>
>> Speaking of which, I am not sure how dnsmasq plays with DNSSEC and/or
>> failover, but NetworkManager already has a config option
>> (/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf, dns=dnsmasq) that makes it
>> configure a local dnsmasq instance on 127.0.0.1 for handling DNS
>> requests. The dnsmasq then is the one who will go after the real
>> servers & all..
>>
>> Isn't making this the default way enough perhaps?
>
> No, that is missing all the features for hotspot signon and VPN
> integration.

Missing VPN integration, which part of it? Because I'm using it quite
well on F20 with the VPN I have to use. I didn't bother looking into
details as it just worked fine for me.

But still, ok, that was perphaps too stretched. We may have some bits to
adjust, but the idea behind dns=dnsmasq sounds like the one proposed
here, no?

Marcelo