fedora-atomic discussion point: /usr/lib/passwd
simo at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 15:52:20 UTC 2014
On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 15:32 +0000, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:33 AM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org>
> > For the fedora-atomic work, the only not-in-Fedora package is
> > shadow-utils because it requires a patch, that still lives in my
> > walters/rpm-ostree COPR.
> I attempted to capture some of this discussion here:
> If anyone has more thoughts/ideas please feel free to follow up here,
> and I can update the bug, or comment on the bug directly.
I am still not convinced it is a good idea to split passwd in multiple
files, besides potentially affecting applications and backup tools and
- How do you deal with conflicts ?
- What happen when an admin legitimately just use vipw and adds a system
user in /etc/passwd instead of one of the other 2 you mention ?
- How do you propose to resolve users from multiple files ?
- Are you going to introduce new nss modules ?
- Are you going to change pam_unix to lookup from all there files in
different ways ?
anything else ?
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York
More information about the devel