We want to stop systemd from being added to docker images, because of rpm requiring systemctl.

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Tue Apr 29 03:37:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 03:11:07PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2014 5:01 PM, "Daniel J Walsh" <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > The problem  is lots of services require systemd because they ship a
> > unit file and want systemctl reload to happen.
>
> Would removing the requires on systemd and doing:
>
> /usr/bin/systemctl reload ||:
>
> Work for these cases?
It should. I like this option the best.

(Splitting out subpackages is a lot of work, generates overhead of thousands
of trivial packages, and most importantly, is confusing for the user.

Options like manually installing fakesystemd or rpm-e-systemd-ing
after installation seems are hacks that quickly get annoying, especially
that you need to repeat them after upgrades.)

Zbyszek