[RFC] plans for initscripts in F22

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Tue Apr 29 03:50:02 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 03:51:48PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Lukáš Nykrýn (lnykryn at redhat.com) said:
> > >Also the sysctl stuff should be consumed by systemd:
> > >/usr/lib/sysctl.d/00-system.conf
> > >/etc/sysctl.conf
> > >/etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf
> > >
> > >Can we have a joint initscripts + systemd release in a few days to
> > >change ownership of those files?
> >
> > Sounds great. I will removed that from "upstream" and let you know.
>
> Historically, configuration like these (aside from the placeholders) are in
> initscripts because systemd didn't want to carry them - it's configuration
> that wasn't covered or was different from the upstream 50-default.conf.  If
> the systemd maintainers are willing to have the Fedora default config
> different from upstream, then merging it makes sense. But shipping both
> 00-system.conf and 50-default.conf in one package doesn't make as much
> sense.
Currently it's just two "things":

- shared segment limits, which are being raised in the kernel anyway [1],
so hopefully they're just temporary

- net.bridge.bridge-*, which are distribution policy really...

This is small enough that I really don't see the problem with having
in the systemd package.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mm/115098

Zbyszek