F21 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 29 14:25:58 UTC 2014

> To install a local DNS resolver trusted for the DNSSEC validation running
> on 127.0.0.1:53. This must be the only name server entry in
> /etc/resolv.conf.

Can the proposal owners clarify for me how this is intended to impact the
cloud products? There's general resistance to having more services running
by default, and the dns resolvers aren't famous for being lightweight. Plus,
some of the assumptions (like "People use Fedora on portable/mobile devices
which are connected to diverse networks as and when required") do not seem
to apply, or may apply in different ways.

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"