We want to stop systemd from being added to docker images, because of rpm requiring systemctl.

Miloslav Trma─Ź mitr at volny.cz
Tue Apr 29 15:47:22 UTC 2014

> On Tue, 29.04.14 16:58, Alexander Larsson (alexl at redhat.com) wrote:
> > Its around 15 megs or so, although on rhel7 its 20 megs larger because
> > of a dependency that kmod has on /usr/bin/nm (binutils) that doesn't
> > seem to be there on fedora kmod. This seems like a bug in fedora though,
> > as kmod ships /usr/sbin/weak-modules which calls nm, so once fixed
> > fedora would be at 35 meg too.
>
> I am pretty sure that the weak-modules thing should just go. It's
> outdated cruft, for some enterprise thing, and inused in Fedora.

That "outdated cruft" is AFAICS still part of the RHEL-7 ABI design.
Assuming the same people will end up maintaining it whether it is in Fedora
or RHEL-7, I can't see that work going away, though whether to maintain it
"upstream" in Fedora or as a RHEL-only patch is basically up to the
individual maintainers.
    Mirek