F21 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 29 19:17:34 UTC 2014

  Hi,

> On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 10:08 PM, Andrew Lutomirski <luto at mit.edu> wrote:
>>> but the container itself runs in a network namespace, so it gets its own
>>> loopback device. This will mean 127.0.0.1:53 points to the container itself,
>>> not the host, so dns resolving in the container will not work.

  Ah, interesting! Thank you so much for sharing these details.

> OTOH, it would be straightforward to write a tiny stub that forwards

> 127.0.0.1:53 to something outside the container.

  I think this is a better option than having a different device address like 127.0.0.53. Forwarding traffic from inside namespace to a loop-back device on the host is analogous to a guest(VM) forwarding traffic to its host via bridge interface.

Thank you.
---
Regards
   -Prasad