Headsup: Ruby 2.1, Rubygems 2.2, Ruby on Rails 4.1 and Minitest 5.x in Rawhide

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Apr 30 13:46:45 UTC 2014

Hi All,

During the last few days, we've been preparing a rebase to Ruby 2.1 in
f21-ruby sidetag and it was just merged back to Rawhide. This rebase
involves libruby soname bump. Updated Ruby carries RubyGems 2.2.

We've tried to rebuilt all binary packages, but some remaining - which
were either more complex or already FTBFS - will need your attention.
For changes in packaging, see this [1] draft (which is more or less
approved [2], but not yet merged with official Ruby guidelines).

We also used this side-tag to build Ruby on Rails 4.1 and because of
this, we were forced to update rubygem-minitest package [3].

If you need more help with your package, try to search answer to your
issue via ruby-sig ML or you can contact directly me.

Vít

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Ruby
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/409
[3]