We want to stop systemd from being added to docker images, because of rpm requiring systemctl.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Apr 30 14:26:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 16:05:37 +0200,
   Kalev Lember <kalevlember at gmail.com> wrote:

>I suspect just dropping the deps would break initial installations, e.g.
>anaconda / livecd-creator. RPM uses the deps to order the transaction so
>that systemd gets installed first, and the packages that ship service
>files get installed later. Without the deps, rpm wouldn't know the order
>in which it has to run the transaction.
>
>For example, when a package bar has a postinstall script that does:
>
>    systemctl enable bar.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
>
>... but if systemctl gets installed _after_ foo in the same transaction,
>then the systemctl command never runs and service stays disabled.

Couldn't that be done post transaction, instead of post install?

When this is figured out, it would be nice to see the correct pattern
be documented somewhere in the packing pages, similar to the documentation
for icon cache updating
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets?rd=Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache).