We want to stop systemd from being added to docker images, because of rpm requiring systemctl.

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:52:02 UTC 2014

On 04/30/2014 04:28 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> If you are right, this is an argument for rpm collections, which we've
> had for ages now and should really start using.

YES!

Getting rid of the copy-pasted rpm scriptlets would be a huge win. They
are error prone and require huge effort to get them right and up to date
across the whole distro.

dpkg has had support for triggers for quite some time and the rpm world
is really lagging behind here.

https://wiki.debian.org/DpkgTriggers

--
Kalev