F21 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Apr 30 20:12:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 01:06:51PM -0700, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> internal DNS views, eg server.internal.corp.com where the search domain
> >> gets set to "internal.corp.com" and "server.corp.com" does not exist.

> >> Yes, which is why we tentatively came to the conclusion the best
> >> compromise for this is "if the user authorizes to connect to this
> >> network, allow it". Eg using physical cable or WPA secrets.
> >
> > Note that with NetworkManager, no WiFi connection is ever made (even
> > open) without the user explicitly requesting it.  If you have the
> > NetworkManager-config-server RPM installed, then no ethernet connection
> > is ever made without the user explicitly configuring it.  So I'm not
> > sure the description quite fits...
>
> Except for that network called "linksys" that everyone has requested
> at some point.

If I once connected to an open network called "MyFavoriteCoffeeShop"
then later on someone creates a network with the same name but with
malicous intent, will NetworkManager connect to it automatically?