Provenpackager help orphaning Fedora branches of cmake28

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Aug 7 12:27:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 11:16:09AM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 6 August 2014 23:02, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 05:15:17PM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> >
> > > So, I went to orphan the Fedora branches of cmake28 (not sure why these
> > > branches were created in the first place - I had meant only to create an
> >
> > What did you request where?
> >

> As I say below, I orphaned the F21, F20, F19 branches on pkgdb. Then I
> checked out the F21 branch with fedpkg and tried to run the command below.
> Have I misunderstood your question?

Sorry, I meant to ask how did you request to get only the EPEL branches?
But I guess I understand now. Since the dead.package file was missing on
the master branch, the new branches were created during mass-branching.
See also:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#Is_it_possible_to_get_a_package_only_into_EPEL_and_not_Fedora.3F

> > > EL6 branch). Anyway, stupidly, I orphaned them in pkgdb before running
> > > fedpkg retire on the relevant branch, which is precisely the wrong way
> > > round to do things. So, now I see:
> > >
> > > $ fedpkg retire "Unneeded as main cmake packge provides this
> > functionality"
> > > Could not retire package: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'msg'
> >
> > This error message indicates an old/broken fedpkg, which version did you
> > run on which Fedora and was it the lastest update?
> >

> I ran this on my F20 machine, fully updated - fedpkg-1.16-1

Ah, actually I locally patched my fedpkg to work, there is an update in
testing that will fix this. I assumed it was already in stable.

> > > So, I think I need a proven packager to finish the retirement process for
> > > these branches - could someone do so?
> >
> > Which branches exactly? Master and the Fedora branches?
> >

> Yes, exactly.

This is done now.

Regards
Till